Become active in Smalspåret
The association has more than 1,000 members and is growing steadily. We are also a larger number of people who in one way or another give time to the association by renting out trolley bikes, taking tickets, changing sleepers and much more.
Examples of activities in the association:
- Traffic with nostalgia train Virserum-Åseda, both drivers and conductors are trained by the association.
- Renting out trolleys in Hultsfred, Flaten, Virserum as well as Åseda.
- Maintenance of the railway between Åseda-Virserum-Hultsfred consisting of changing sleepers, replacing road surfaces etc.
- Renovation, painting, changing wallpaper and similar maintenance of the station environments in Hultanäs, Virserum and Flaten.
- Jobs in the workshop with railcars, trolleys, engines etc.
Would you also like to join in on work and events? Everyone is welcome, no previous knowledge necessary. All you need is an interest, we bring the community. The association also arrange festivities for active members such as barbecue evenings, autumn feast etc.
Please contact us via e-mail or follow us on Facebook, and you will see more about which weekends we have activities.
Föreningen Smalspåret Växjö-Västervik is a non-profit non-political association founded in 1984 and now has more than one thousand members.
The association works to preserve and develop the narrow-gauge railway between Växjö and Västervik in its current routing. Read more about the association. mer om föreningen.